JOIN OTHER PLAYERS ONLINE!
Main Forum

A Misunderstanding

3 replies
LegDay_ .:MARAUDER:.PHOENIXDeatheaterDONOR
Votes:
+12
Minecraft Username: LegDay_

Server Nickname (If applicable): Legs_Dippet (server-given RP name) or Leg_Day. Currently it's MistleLeg for the holiday season, but the usual is those two.

Why you were banned: Ban Evading

Have you been banned/issued any punishment before: No (I'll explain)

Why you deserve to be unbanned: I was banned because Cranium viewed my Discord profile and saw that it was linked to various KeroseneZanchu accounts. Thus, he very understandably thought that I was him. However, KeroseneZanchu is my older brother. Our family isn't very well-off, so our parents don't get us things like video games because they're not 'real'. He got his account when he was old enough to get a job and pay for it himself, and we both played together on it. Then, he got banned, so I obviously couldn't play either. In July I got a job myself (as I'm now a senior in high school) and a few weeks ago I remembered this server so I went out and got myself an account. We both use the same Discord because we only have one computer in my house and my older is very lazy and hot-tempered and hates having to log out of my Discord and into his Discord all the time because of Two-Factor Authentication. He doesn't use enjin any more, or Minecraft, really, so the same doesn't ring true for here.

I probably should have told you guys this before, so you knew. I know that trying to say this after the fact makes it look like I'm just coming up with an excuse, but my brother does not have enough money to drop 26 bucks on a separate Minecraft account just to play on this server, let me tell you. I didn't say anything, though, because I know my brother wasn't popular when he was here. As you can imagine, having the words "Hey guys! I'm new, but my older brother is KeroseneZanchu and we share the same Discord" be the first thing I say on the server wasn't something I considered the best first impression. It sounds lame, but I'm not very proud of the relationship and didn't want that kind of stigma hanging over my head.

Anyway, I just want to say that if you don't believe me, I understand. Have a nice day.

Have you read “General Note to Submitting Ban Appeals”? (Mandatory): Yes
Posted Dec 5, 18 · OP
List
Undo
_Cranium_ PROFDAPREFECTDONOR
Year 7
Votes:
+1,618
To be frank, I don't buy this one bit.

In fact, this appeal actually convinced me even further that it is you. First of all, this doesn't sit well with me at all. All your explanations are too convenient to actually have been a misunderstanding not to mention there is one major discrepancy here (I'll get to that in a minute).

Ignoring the entirety that the two of you seem to type the same (yes there are certain ways of typing), you guys share the same discord account? Really? You guys share one discord account which need I mention is free to create and is around as difficult to change as changing minecraft accounts. Somehow, you share one singular discord and not minecraft accounts, okay.

Even if it were the case you guys were related, telling us this earlier would have drastically improved your circumstances as they wouldn't have lead to this. And yet at the same time you seem to understand his history here, surely your "hot-tempered brother" would of not told you about DA or at the bare minimum talked smack about us for banning him.

To the critical point, your IP. If you guys do actually live in the same house on one computer; why are the IP's to the two of your guys account different? You open up a VPN every time you play on DA? It seems about three times more likely you masked your IP in order to avoid being linked to the KeroseneZanchu account and hence bypass your ban. Not to mention - on your actual post on that newcomers thread (not your own), your IP changed no less than three times.

Ignoring the main discrepancy, your explanation is way too convenient it's actually uncanny. You tried circumventing your ban Kero, and you screwed up and got caught. It was only a matter of time anyways, but that's beside the point. Own up to it.

If, in any case you are telling the truth, then there's only one way to prove it.

HdJrn66.png

-Support
May you be touched by his noodly appendage.
450-pastafarian-seal.jpg

"Two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity..... and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein.

"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." - Salvador Dali

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain." - Robert Frost.

"My favourite machine at the gym is the vending machine." - Caroline Rhea.
Posted Dec 5, 18
Votes:
+12
wrote:
To be frank, I don't buy this one bit.

In fact, this appeal actually convinced me even further that it is you. First of all, this doesn't sit well with me at all. All your explanations are too convenient to actually have been a misunderstanding not to mention there is one major discrepancy here (I'll get to that in a minute).

Ignoring the entirety that the two of you seem to type the same (yes there are certain ways of typing), you guys share the same discord account? Really? You guys share one discord account which need I mention is free to create and is around as difficult to change as changing minecraft accounts. Somehow, you share one singular discord and not minecraft accounts, okay.

Even if it were the case you guys were related, telling us this earlier would have drastically improved your circumstances as they wouldn't have lead to this. And yet at the same time you seem to understand his history here, surely your "hot-tempered brother" would of not told you about DA or at the bare minimum talked smack about us for banning him.

To the critical point, your IP. If you guys do actually live in the same house on one computer; why are the IP's to the two of your guys account different? You open up a VPN every time you play on DA? It seems about three times more likely you masked your IP in order to avoid being linked to the KeroseneZanchu account and hence bypass your ban. Not to mention - on your actual post on that newcomers thread (not your own), your IP changed no less than three times.

Ignoring the main discrepancy, your explanation is way too convenient it's actually uncanny. You tried circumventing your ban Kero, and you screwed up and got caught. It was only a matter of time anyways, but that's beside the point. Own up to it.

If, in any case you are telling the truth, then there's only one way to prove it.

HdJrn66.png

-Support

I don't really blame you for thinking this, but I'll do my best to be transparent about everything. Hopefully that will be enough to convince you otherwise. These aren't in the same order you brought it up because some of them are kind of connected and I don't want to waste your time by explaining things twice.

1. The IP thing. One, we've changed computers since my brother was banned. On top of that, we don't have the same internet provider any more. In fact, we don't have one at all. Our family only has internet because my father owns a small business and he needs it to sell his product on websites like Amazon. Before you ask "well if your father owns a business, how are you "not well off"?", you should know that my father's business is selling animal pee. It's called "The Pmart". He sells it to hunters to mask their own scent or to gardeners who buy it to scare away animals like rabbits or gophers who feed on their crops. The "animal pee" business isn't a very big market, as you can probably guess. Anyway, we live in Prospect, Maine. This is relevant because the town only holds about 600 people and my dad says that because of that, the town council doesn't see the need to give the cable companies licenses, and without them, the cable companies can't run cable to our house. Which sucks, because we're just a couple hundred yards from Route 1, which is fully cabled.
Anyway, the reason I described all of that is because back when my brother and I played, my dad used a DSL connection from FairPoint (goes through the telephone lines, kind of like dial-up but way better). Except FairPoint was unreliable at best, although the internet was pretty decent when it decided to work. Our other option was satellite, but since we're surrounded by trees and mountains, that didn't work out. Finally my dad figured out it would be cheaper and faster to buy an unlimited data plan from U.S. Cellular and set up a Hotspot. There's a cell tower near us, so it worked out great. Due to the nature of a Hotspot connection, our IP isn't concrete.

2. "Somehow, you share one singular discord and not minecraft accounts, okay" Well one, we did in fact share Minecraft accounts until he got himself banned by abusing the system and being enough of a jerk that people didn't want to forgive him. Now, it would be impossible to use the same account. Sometime last year my brother somehow managed to get staff on a Discord server. The owner was a bit of a meme lord, so I guess my brother's cancerous tendencies managed to be slid under the rug. Anyway, he abused that role because he thought it would be funny if he changed a bunch of people's nicknames to "?" and gave permissions to random roles that really shouldn't have them. Long story short, he was found out, but then he said "Oh my account was hacked" and so the server turned on the mandatory Two-Factor Authentication setting for people with roles with staff permissions (as staff of a Discord server, you should easily be able to see that the setting exists). Also, the name of the server was Discord Dungeons, it's the official server for a Discord Bot called Discord RPG. Just in case you want to ask around there and do some fact-checking. He's since been banned again for generally being toxic, but a few months ago convinced the owner to let him back on. Usually you only have to pass the Two-Factor Authentication once per computer, but this really means once per IP (since that's how Discord and pretty much every site tells what computer you're on). And since our IP fluctuates because we're on a Hotspot cellular signal, my brother has to go on the Authy app almost every time he logs out and logs in. It really only takes like an extra minute or two, but he gets really tired of it and I don't want to deal with him complaining about it all the time.

3. I played on his account at the same time he did, so it would be hard to miss out on the fact that not many people liked him when he was here. And of course when he got banned I questioned him about why. He gave me some bullcrap answer because he knew I would be mad and wanted to deflect the situation, but it's not hard to just go on enjin and review his ban appeals. He probably would have talked crap about you guys, but I'm pretty sure he just wanted to sweep it under the rug so that he didn't have to hear me tell him it was his fault. And you're right, he didn't tell me about DA. But since we shared the same Minecraft account at the time, I saw DA on the server list.

I'm not sure if that helped or hindered or didn't do much of anything, but it's all I can really do. Let me know if you want to know anything else, I'm an open book. The karaoke idea is definitely a good one. I'm willing, but I doubt he's going to go on camera and sing just for the sake of helping me get unbanned on the server he's still banned on. He's all warm and cuddly like that. Anyway, have a good night.
Posted Dec 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+12
wrote:

HdJrn66.png

-Support

Alright, I managed to bribe him into doing it. What song do you want us to sing?

Nevermind. He’s going away for a week this Sunday, so I don’t have time to wait for a song. Instead, I’ll have him hold a sign that says KeroseneZanchu and I’ll hold a sign that says LegDay.
Posted Wed at 12:15 pm · OP · Last edited Fri at 20:44
List
Undo
Top Posters
1626 Posts
1622 Posts
ElfisPresley DA[YR6]
1604 Posts
Minticore .:MARAUDER:.PHOENIXAURORDONOR
1549 Posts
1497 Posts
Felixx61 HeadmasterDA