IsabelleThunder's Professor Assistant Application

3 replies
IsabelleThunder AURORDONOR[YR5]
Year 5
Votes:
+23
Minecraft Name: IsabelleThunder

Server Nickname (If Applicable): Izzy_Cliodna

Are you at least a Year 5 or higher? Yes! I am currently Year 5!

How many hours of ontime do you have?: 149 hours currently!

What subject would you want to teach? Why?: I would like to teach History Of Magic, I would like to teach this because I love learning about magical objects, (horcruxes, time-turners, etc.) I also love going over History such as wizarding wars, founding of Hogwarts, invention of Quidditch, etc. Not Many people love HoM and that's something I want to change! I want people to be able to look at a class all about History of Magic and go "Wow that was really fun, I want to do that again sometime."

Why do want to become a Professor Assistant?: I want to become a Professor Assistant because I love teaching! I enjoy being able to teach people new things! I believe I could be able to teach people a lot about HoM while still having fun, I see this as an opportunity to be able to teach more people about what I really love doing. I have always loved the subject HoM and I believe that more people should be able to learn about all of the topics, not just ones from auto classes.

If accepted as a Professor, what will you bring to the Staff team?: I will be patient, and be mature handling situations. I am generally very creative and I find it fun to help new players out, so I would be more than happy to. I have also been studying HoM for a long time, so I am very familiar with that aspect. I tend to be as active as I can, I'm usually on DA whenever I have a second to spare. I also love writing and I believe I can do a good job being a professor, as I was one before :) I host rp classes, and I try to handle everything calmly.

Strengths?
Activity- I try to be as active as possible in-game.
Experience- I have been a professor elsewhere before, so I know how to plan my classes.
Patient- With whatever I'm doing, I'm as patient as possible.
Decent typer- I can type at an okay rate around 60-70 wpm
Creativity- I believe that I am very creative, I love to write and draw in my spare time.
Weaknesses?
I don't have an absolute ton of forum posts, something I am currently working on.
Sometimes I can be immature. Other than that I don't believe there's anything else, if there is I will add to this section.

Do you believe you have a substantial amount of helpful forum posts?:
I currently have 64-which is not the best- but I am trying to get it up and help more people as I can.

Do you have Discord? (Mandatory): Yes I do! Izzy Sinclair~Cliodna#3106

What time-zone do you live in? (American, European, or Australia/Asia): American, Eastern Standard Time.

Have you ever been banned?: Yes, unfortunately.

Have you read “General Note to Professor Applicants”? (Mandatory before applying): Yes I have!

Please privately message a Professor with a lesson plan with the following criteria: Sent to Jake
-Topic
-Info/Content
-Housepoint questions
-Activity
-Other (items given, extra info, etc):

Tell us something about yourself (Optional): Hello! My name is Izzy and I enjoy Cheerleading and Soccer. I love to draw, and I love HoM along with Forensic Science :d. I also write in my spare time, and do research about interesting topics!
Posted Feb 22, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 8, 18
Poto ADMINDAPREFECTDONOR
Votes:
+2,271
Hey Izzy, let's dive in!!

Straight off your lesson plan, we want less of a script from you, and more divided into speaking points that summarizes ideas. Such as this sentence:

"A Horcrux is an object in which a Dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul for the purpose of attaining immortality."

You can summarize it into something simple like:

-Dark Wizard/Witch, fragment of soul, for immortality.

We don't want people just copying/pasting straight words from documents or you'll just be a robot and we have NPC classes for that. We want your lesson plans to be more summarized to provide a bit of flare into your teaching. You don't want them to be mundane and cleverly thought out. My funniest and best classes have came from being straight impromptu. I would love to see a change in your lesson plan with those details in mind.

Moving on, your application seems a bit lacking. I wish you would provided more on why you want to become a Professor Assistant and just more. It's hard for me to see any passion for this position through your words. I want to see you ooze out why you want to become a Professor Assistant and add some emotion to your words. More than simply I love teaching !!!!

Lastly, immaturity is a big reason for me. You shouldn't be mad you put it on there, thank you for being honest with us. I think it's best if you work on being mature before trying to achieve a position that will lead to a staff position.

With that, it will be a -Support for now, but if I see any defying reasons, I will be sure to update this ASAP. Best of luck with your application.
Ninjas.jpg
Posted Mar 7, 18
Marvel_Comics PROFDAUNSPEAKABLEAUROR
Year 7
Votes:
+293
Hey there, thanks for applying for PA!

Unfortunately I will be agreeing with poto, and have to give you a -support. Maybe host a class sometime and Ill come watch. Good luck with the rest of your app
b4fc0ad4ebab2a2dc2139a221d979480742826f1f34ca3ff797a22079391ba84_1.gif

"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." -Sirius Black

"The greatest gift we can receive is to have the chance, just once in our lives, to make a difference." -Doctor Strange

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality" -Qui-Gon Jinn
Posted Mar 8, 18
Erdalumos PROF[YR5]
Year 5
Votes:
+475
Hey Isabella!
I agree with Poto. Also, you haven't been online in almost 3 weeks, I don't know if you're still interested in the position? I'm giving you a -support for now, sorry.

Three -supports, this thread has been locked. You may reapply in 2 weeks.
kck5cjs.png
Posted Mar 26, 18 · Last edited Mar 26, 18
Top Posters
1625 Posts
1621 Posts
1605 Posts
Minticore .:MARAUDER:.PHOENIXAURORDONOR
1549 Posts
1394 Posts
Felixx61 HeadmasterDA
NoticeNotices